Me and cicada

Me and cicada

Saturday, September 17, 2011

shopaholic

uh huh~ The title doesn't represent me huh. I'm using it as the title because I'm currently doing an assignment - book review. Ms Sarah, our general paper teacher gave us this assignment and i have no book to read up. So, i remembered the novels i borrowed from Miss Fi, seriously, YEARS ago. Can u imagine that i actually kept her books in my house for years n I never open it up? Haha! It's amazing huh.

Well, since I've started this topic I have to do something related to the book right? Now, lets c what is the book about. The title is Shopaholic Ties the Knot from the series Shopaholic, from the New York times best-selling author - Sophie Kinsella. So, from the title we can tell what is the content of the book, yea, about wedding, marriage, and also couple. The book begins with the main character - Rebecca (her family call her Becky, in short), her friend's gonna marry soon. Her friend, Suze is marrying to her cousin, Tarquin. It's legal, they checked, mentioned in the book. So, during her friend's wedding, Becky's boyfriend, Luke, proposed to her. Everything goes on so romantically and she nods her head in half-unconscious state. And then here comes the preparation of her wedding. Becky's mum is planning a wedding in her England home whereas her mother-in-law is planning another luxurious wedding in the Plaza, New York. She can't seem to give up either one as both mean so much to her. Okay now lets make it a bit shorter. That is, all the while she wanted to cancel one of them, she has got so many chances to do it, her best friend Suze even forced her but at last, she didn't. Okay, so the ending is, she has both wedding, on the same day, in the two different continents, and her fiancé doesn't even know it, until the first wedding has ended. It's a really huge surprise though and her fiancé really appreciates it and suze hardly believes that she finally did it!

Perfect ending, I know. It's a really hilarious book, there are many really funny examples that you can hardly think of. I love the way she writes and will put in effort to finish the book, it'll benefit me for sure. This English post in my blog has proved it, isn't it? Will try to read up recommended novels from Meg Cabot and Jodi Picoult in future, and maybe the famous Twilight and Harry Potter series if I had the opportunity. And I'm so greedy that I'm also craving to read up  the popular Chinese novel from Giddens and 敷米浆 like 那些年我们一起追的女孩 and 六弄咖啡馆. Hoping that I'll have the time after studying, sleeping and hanging out with friends although they really not much asking me out, hehe.

Suddenly aware that  I still owe this blog a lot of pictures =O
Please, give me some time, really sorry about that......... ><

No comments: